10. Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How much longer do you need to cook a stuffed turkey?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Assuming you are roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, plan on 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of an unstuffed turkey. Plan on 20 to 22 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
For a 10-13 lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2-2 1/4 hr. For a 14-23 lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2-3 hr.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 13 lb turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 20 lb turkey?
Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cooking time takes longer for a stuffed turkey. For example, a 20 pound stuffed turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 hours to cook.
What temperature should a stuffed turkey be cooked to?
Always make sure you measure the following temperatures in your turkey: 180°F in thigh. 170°F in breast. 165°F in stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound stuffed Butterball turkey?
If the turkey is stuffed and a convection oven is being used, cooking times change to:
- 6-10 pounds: 1¾-2½ hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2½-3¼ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 3¼-3¾ hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3¾-4¼ hours.
How often should you baste a turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours. For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours. For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
How long to cook the turkey: temperatures and times
- For a 10–13-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hr.
- For a 14–23-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2–3 hr.
- For a 24–27-lb. …
- For a 28–30-lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hr.
How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey?
How Long to Cook Your Turkey
- 10-pound turkey: about 2 hours 10 minutes.
- 12-pound turkey: about 2 hours 36 minutes.
- 14-pound turkey: about 3 hours 2 minutes.
- 16-pound turkey: about 3 hours 28 minutes.
- 18-pound turkey: about 3 hours 54 minutes.
- 20-pound turkey: about 4 hours 20 minutes.