Medium Power: 40 min. White Rice (no salt) 1 cup/ 237 mL 11/2 cups/ 355 mL High Power: 5 min. Medium Power: 15 min.
What can I cook in my Tupperware rice cooker?
With the Microwave Rice Maker you can cook most types of rice, grains and pap fast, easy and mess-free. By cooking and serving in one container you will save time, energy and space in your kitchen. The Microwave Rice Maker cooks most types of rice, grains and pap to perfection in the microwave oven.
How do I cook rice in a vintage Tupperware rice cooker?
Vintage Tupperware Multi-server
- Fill the outer bowl of the Multi-Server with 1 litre water. …
- Cover and leave undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Lift the colander to drain the rice and pour away the starch-filled water.
- Add 450ml hot water to the bowl, replace the colander of rice to keep hot for serving.
How long does it take to cook rice in a microwave rice cooker?
How to Cook Rice in Microwave Rice Cooker
- Microwave at 70% power or medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes for white rice and 18 to 20 minutes for brown rice.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes in the warm appliance, then carefully remove the rice from microwave with hot pads or oven mitts.
How do you cook rice in a plastic rice cooker?
Use & Care
- Pour 1 cup rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tsp salt into rice cooker. Fasten lid and open vent.
- Cook in microwave at 50% power (10-12 minutes for white rice or 18-20 minutes for brown rice).
- Remove from microwave with hot pads. Close vent and let stand for 4-5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork.
How do you cook rice in a Tupperware multi cooker?
In the Base of the Smart Multi-Cooker, stir together rice, water and salt. Place grains insert on top of Base; place grains seal on top of insert. Microwave on high power 5 minutes, then on 50% power 7 minutes more. Remove from microwave, remove seal and insert; let stand 5 minutes.
How does Tupperware steamer work?
True steaming in the microwave: how does it work? The unique Shielded Colander and Cover block the microwaves. Microwaves can only reach the water in the bottom part and will heat the water, which generates steam to cook the food inside the colander.
How do you use a vintage Tupperware steamer?
Just put a little water in the bottom of the bowl, add the steamer insert, your choice of veggies, put on the lid and microwave to your desired consistency. All pieces are in excellent vintage shape. Eat healthier. Be heart healthy.
How long do you cook 1 cup of rice in the microwave?
Place Your Rice in the Microwave
Put the dish in the microwave uncovered and microwave the rice on the high for 10 minutes.
What is the fastest way to cook rice?
Here’s how to boil rice fast:
- Boil water. Bring a large pot of water to a full, rolling boil. …
- Add rice. Stir and continue to boil until the rice is tender and chewy—about 20 to 25 minutes for brown rice, or 10 to 20 minutes for white rice, depending on the variety. …
- Drain. Drain the rice in a fine-mesh strainer, and enjoy.
How do I cook 1 cup of basmati rice in the microwave?
Rinse rice in a mesh sieve. Add rice, water, oil, and bay leaves to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl with lid. Microwave covered at 60% power for 12 minutes.
How do you use a plastic microwave rice cooker?
Place the inner lid over the rice, followed by the outer lid. (On some cookers, these two pieces attach to one another.) Flip the side latches over the cover tabs. Put the cooker in the microwave and cook at 100-percent power for 12-15 minutes, depending on your microwave.
How much rice do you need per person?
What Is The Average Serving Size Of Rice? For reference, the per person average serving size of cooked rice as part of a main dish is one cup of cooked rice, and 1/2 cup of cooked rice if used as a side dish. So for the average meal, you would need one third cup of raw, uncooked rice per person.
How much water do you put in the microwave for rice?
USEFUL TO KNOW
Rice to water ratio – 1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water for rice cooked on the stove. Increase to 2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice for oven and microwave.