Give your cheesy goodness some extra oomph. Try spreading jam on one slice of bread. It will add an extra layer of flavor to the cheese. Some suggestions: grape jelly, strawberry, apricot, tomato jam, red pepper jelly, honey mustard, chipotle mayonnaise, cranberry relish, pesto, buffalo wing sauce, and so forth.
How do you amplify grilled cheese?
17 Ways To Amp Up Your Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Macaroni and Cheese. …
- Strawberry, Brie, and Chocolate Grilled Cheese. …
- Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese. …
- French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese. …
- Caprese Grilled Cheese. …
- French Toast Ham & Cheese Sandwich. …
- Cream Cheese and Scallion Grilled Cheese.
What should I put in my grilled cheese?
- Favorite sliced bread , such as levain, pullman’s, sourdough, or walnut.
- Favorite sliced or grated firm cheeses , such as Cheddar, Gruyere, or Havarti.
- Favorite soft cheese , such as goat cheese, Brie, or feta.
- Sandwich-friendly vegetables , such as roasted red peppers, leafy greens, or sliced tomatoes.
How can I add flavor to my grilled cheese?
To add a ton of flavor to a simple grilled cheese, adding ingredients like chutney, pepper jelly, tomato jam, or bacon jam can totally change the flavor profile. “Any jam, any chutney, even dijon mustard, almost any condiment will lend itself to a grilled cheese sandwich,” Werlin said.
Is eating a grilled cheese sandwich healthy?
And while we’d love to tell you that grilled cheese is also a super-healthy dinner option, that’s unfortunately simply not the case. Grilled cheese sandwiches tend to be high in calories, saturated fat and (in some cases) sodium, and fall pretty short on nutritional benefits.
How many slices of cheese are in a grilled cheese?
Two slices of cheese are usually standard for a grilled cheese sandwich. Using one is usually too little, but using more than two may result in a messy sandwich with cheese oozing out of the sides. Of course, it depends on the thickness and type of cheese.
What is in Starbucks grilled cheese?
A delicious blend of white Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on sourdough bread, topped with a Parmesan butter spread.
What seasoning is good on sandwiches?
Herbs: An obvious favorite — dill, basil, and tarragon are all great. For an extra something-something, squeeze in a bit of lemon or lime. Chili Sauce: Sriracha is a main staple, but we’ve had luck with sambal oelek, or my favorite: gochujang, a sweet and spicy fermented Korean chili paste.
What spices go well with cheese?
A Guide to Herbs and Cheese
- American cheese tastes wonderful with dill, thyme, basil, or oregano. …
- Bleu cheese finds its perfect pair with acidic herbs like chervil or sorrel. …
- Brie is great with Chives, Basil, Parsley, and Tarragon.